23 August 2008

Intriguing music on this tsunami video


The visual content appears to be related to the 2004 earthquake in the Indian Ocean that devastated Indonesia and Thailand; most of it has been shown in documentaries before, although the house exploding at 5:30 was new to me.

I'm blogging it now because of the ethereal vocal piece beginning 2 minutes into the video and lasting for the next four minutes; the music intrigues me, but it's not credited at the end.

TYWKIWDBI gets visitors every week from around the world. I wonder if anyone can offer suggestions re the source (or even the language) of the music beginning at the 2 minute mark. Thanks in advance.

Addendum: found it after some Googling. The song is "Gortoz a ran - J'attends" ("I await"). The lyrics are in Breton, sung by the composer Denez Prigent, with Lisa Gerrard, from his album "Irvi."

1 comment:

  1. I recognized Alan Stivell's distinctive voice./ He is a famous Breton folksinger and celtic harpist.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...